About the Honorary Consul
A Few Words ...
Businessman in Sri Lanka where he is resident over 25 years.
He was born in Zurich, Switzerland on 7th July 1955 , as a citizen of Switzerland. Did his Maturitaet in 1974 in Commerce at the Wirtschaftsgymnasium Zurich. Graduated as a teacher at the university of Zurich (Oberseminar) in 1976 and subsequently joined Volkart Brothers Ltd. for whom he worked in Winterthur and Sri Lanka. Joined Givaudan Dubendorf Ltd where he was in charge of exports of food flavours to Eastern Europe, Middle East and the Indian subcontinent. At Doptik Ltd. Zurich he handled distribution and exports of optical products. In Daetrade Ltd. he handled the distribution of tea and spices in Switzerland and several other European countries. Worked for a Swiss Company in Sri Lanka from 1998 till 2018 in Sri Lanka and founded Swiss Ceylon Associates (Pvt.) Ltd. together with his partner Mr. Manilal Fernando – a well-known businessman in Sri Lanka.
- Managing Director Swiss Ceylon Associates (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Trustee Joseph Fraser Memorial Trust, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Founder Member of Swiss Business Circle Sri Lanka
- Member of Sri Lanka Institute of Directors
- 2001: Appointment Honorary Consul of the Republic of Latvia in Sri Lanka
- 2007: Elevation of the Post to Honorary Consul General
- 2020: Appointment Honorary Consul of the Republic of Austria in Sri Lanka
Sports, Reading, Family, Rotary
In partnership with five children
Primary and Secondary School in Switzerland
Wirtschaftsgymnasium in Zurich ( College of Business/Economics)
Maturitaet Typus E(1974) – equivalent A’ Level
Degree at Oberseminar Zurich (1976) (University for Teachers)
English (Mother tongue), German, French, Italian, Spanish,
knowledge in Arabic and Sinhalese.